Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekly Round Up: Pyrex, McCoy, Gawdy Jewelry, Mid-Century Ceramics

Had another pretty fabulous week, estate sale-ing and adventuring. I'm getting better at this whole estate sale thing, getting there early and what not. I still found myself watching people walk out the door with cool stuff and being upset that I wasn't the one who found it first. Haha, I guess I have to share.. but here's what I did come away with:
Woke up early on Saturday and dragged a couple guy friends to this estate sale,  I immediately grabbed these from the kitchen. With a little help from Barkeeper's Friend they cleaned up so nicely. You can find them here. Apparently as I was leaving some lady was asking about "the Pyrex chicken bowls." 

Found these at another estate sale, I just love Hornsea Ceramics, the patterns are just so fabulous.

One of my favorite finds that has already been sold, this promotional pyrex piece. 

The people at this sale kept making fun of my "christmas colors", cherry red Copco pot and McCoy planter.

Some jadeite finds this week. 

More McCoy, Greek style.

This Raymond Loewy tea set was found at the local consignment shop, gotta love this sleek, mod design.

Because who doesn't need a gawdy ring that's half off?

This was also half off and I like the art deco feel of this bracelet.

Went to the local Farmer's market and bought myself some flowers.

All and all, it's been a pretty good week. Thanks for checking out my finds, what was your favorite find this week? What's your favorite find of all time? Mine might be this Dansk turquoise pitcher..

I'm again linking with Melissa's Antiques, check out her blog and the thrifty Friday posts. Also linking with A Living Space.

7 comments :

  1. Hi Ellen--I think my favorite is the sleek black tea set--really love the lines on it. I also like the basket weave-ish McCoy planter and your awesome Pyrex bowls--love those colors. You did great! My favorite find was a galvanized tray sort of thing; it's quite large with high sides. I'll be blogging about my finds sometime in the next few days.
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice finds! I love the pyrex, I haven't seen that orange pattern before

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This was all in one week!? Maybe I need to start getting up early and going to estate sales too :D

    The Hornsea canisters are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the way to go! I always feel a little crazy though.. Haha.

      Delete
  4. Awesome finds! Love love love the Pyrex and jadeite!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram