Sunday, July 13, 2014

Maybe Some Day My Titles Will Be More Creative: The July 2014 Thrift Saga Continues

You guys! I went to the best estate sale ever today, the stuff was incredible. But first I have to tell you about the OTHER estate sales this week...
So, my adventure starts here, I stopped at this estate sale and waited in line, yada yada, you know the drill. As I was waiting in line, a man walked out with a handle of Smirnoff and some dixies cups.. I almost followed him home.. BUT, I didn't (obviously). When I finally got into the sale, I noticed that all of the people working were muscle-y sporty looking men.. It was one of my odder estate sale experiences.

Picked up this cool little art deco compact at this apartment sale, this guy had some pretty cool mid-century stuff.
Last day of the estate sale purchase, I just feel bad leaving behind all that hard work.

Now we reach the part where I tell you all about the 50's estate sale today, after  witnessing some drama with the watched list- these two people claim that they both started the list and this other woman was yelling about how she had been waiting since 5:30am (and the sale started at 10). After waiting in the rain, I finally got in. This house had some awesome stuff! I sadly watched the Fred Press fish barware walk out the door, but I managed to score some awesome stuff. This is about 1/3 of what I came away with...

All in all, a pretty good week. I stopped at this girl's lemonade stand and she was way more legit than I ever was. She had 2 kinds of lemonade, cookies, homemade dog biscuits and a cute stand. I just had to stop..
Hope ya'll had a good week too and I want to know, what's your oddest estate sale experience?
I'm linking with Melissa's Antiques

1 comment :

  1. I, too, can't ever pass up vintage linens - especially when they look that good. I also LOVEEEE vintage McCoy planters, so I'm drooling over the 4 here. That pup is too cute. Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram